Introducing: The Workout Playlist. Songs to make you reach Ninja levels gains.
Something dawned on us the other day when we were sitting through another grueling WOD at Crossfit South Denver. Yes, the intense regiment set out by whatever twisted mind in charge of writing these workouts is a sick person, but there’s one other thing that’s been apparent in the past year of doing Crossfit: we all could use a badass playlist to get us going.
After speaking to a few other friends who attend different boxes across the Denver metro area, and a few girls who say they love our site for workout music, it happened. We realized that we needed to use our knowledge of well crafted mashups and remixes to put together something that could be enjoyed by the most intense avid music listener, as well as some folks who could care less what’s charting on the music blogosphere.
So, we sat down and hashed it out. What would the parameters be? How often would we post these? How long would they be? Here’s what we decided:
– Tracks need to be popular EDM OR be a popular song that’s been turned into EDM
– They need to be upbeat enough to keep even the craziest of Crossfitter’s going through their WOD
– They need to be current late 2013 and 2014, but can also include some classics over the past year
– This playlist should be released once a month.
– Not everything needs to be a free download, but it needs to rock for a solid hour and half (because if you’re working out longer than that, you don’t need our help).
With that being said, here it is. This is our very first The Workout Playlist: Ninja in Training . Throw in your buds, and get a good sweat going. Because after all, it’s almost festie season.
Disposable War Pigs (Celldweller KlashUp)
Swing (Kid Ranger Remix)!
Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais
Young & Beautiful (Club Edit Remix)
Just Blaze x Baauer
Raining Blood (Aylen Remix)
Animals (Original Mix) OUT NOW!
Crizzly + Kids At The Bar
Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma
Dare You (Radio Edit)
The White Stripes
Seven Nation Army (White Panda Remix)
Something About Us (Xristo Remix)
Roar (Kennedy Jones ROAR LOUDER Remix)
DVBBS & Borgeous
TSUNAMI (Original Mix)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Californication (Xristo Remix)
Deorro & Duvoh
Black (Aylen Remix)
Too Close (Clark Kent & Kid Ranger Remix)